Come clean-up the Catawba Wildflower Glen! Members of CLC and the NC Native Plant Society are invited to help remove exotic and invasive plants from the glen in order to promote the growth of beautiful native wildflowers. After a brief introduction, we will enjoy a short, but lovely nature walk through the Catawba Wildflower Glen to our work sites. We may see some early spring wildflowers like bloodroot and hepatica along the way. We will be cleaning the trail of debris, clearing the bridges of leaves, and pulling invasive Japanese honeysuckle that is encroaching into the glen. We need your help to keep it from spreading! Some people will work with tools and herbicide, but others will be doing old fashioned pulling of invasive plants. Come help to keep Charlotte beautiful!
Requirements and Recommendations
- Pre-registration is required for this FREE tour. To register contact Mary Ann Harrison (email@example.com).
- Each member is allowed one guest.
What is Provided
- Guide and staff to answer questions about exotic and native plants, preserved land, and the best way to remove nuisance species.
- First Aid Kit
- Tissue and Hand Sanitizer (There are no bathroom facilities on site).
What to Bring
- Good closed toed shoes
- Clothes appropriate for work outdoors
- Work gloves (if you have them)