FREE Guided Greenway Tour
with FREE Bike Rental
Every 3rd Tuesday from 6 pm – 8 pm
Ever wanted to ride a bike through Charlotte but don’t have a bike? Want to learn more about the natural and cultural history of your area? Does riding off into the sunset and then enjoying a treat at one of the area’s best local businesses sound like a pretty great evening? Join the Carolina Thread Trail and Catawba Lands Conservancy for an evening tour of a greenway near you.
Ride off into the sunset as our guide leads you on an easy group bike ride as we tour a local greenway. The group will ride together and stop periodically to explore historically relevant and unique natural features of the greenway. Each greenway tour will also discover a convenient route to a blossoming local business that will provide a FREE treat for tour participants.
Requirements and Recommendations for All RIDES
- Participants must be able to ride a bike to participate in this FREE program.
- Participants must wear a helmet. A helmet can be borrowed from Charlotte B-cycle or you can bring your own helmet.
- Pre-registration is required to reserve a FREE rental bike provided by Charlotte B-cycle.
- Please indicate if you need a child or adult sized bike when registering.
- Ages 10+ recommended
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- FREE or discounted treat from local business is included only for pre-registered riders.
What will be Provided
- B-cycle bike to rent free for the evening
- A FREE treat from a local business!
- Guide and staff to answer questions about the Greenway, local flora and fauna
- Helmet with headlight
What to Bring
- Water bottle
- Good closed toed shoes
Questions? Email Program Coordinator Mary Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-342-3330 x221
UPCOMING QUEEN CITY JOY RIDE, THREAD TRAIL GUIDED TOURS
Tuesday, September 20, 2016
A Bicycle Tour of Irwin Creek and Stewart Creek Greenway
Frazier Park 1123 Greenleaf Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28202
Join us for a short (3-4 mile) ride while we explore this beautiful Greenway in the heart of some historic Charlotte neighborhoods. We will ride leisurely as a group and stop frequently to get to know more about our Greenway’s cultural and natural history! We will discover a route to Rhino Market & Deli and enjoy one of the city’s best Popsicles before wrapping up this fun evening tour. Tuesday night, come Get to know your Greenway!
- 5:45 pm: Meet at Frazier Park
- 6:00 pm: Welcome and start biking
- Stop to enjoy a FREE TREAT at Rhino Market & Deli
- 8:00 pm: Finish bike at Frazier Park
Registration for this event will close on Sept 19 at 12 noon.
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Queen City Joyrides: A Community Bike Ride
Little Sugar Creek Greenway, Charlotte, NC
Join us for a good 8 mile ride through this stretch of the Little Sugar Creek Greenway at dusk! We will ride leisurely as a group and stop occasionally to get to know more about our Greenway’s cultural and natural history! We will discover a route to a blossoming local business and enjoy one of the city’s best local treats before wrapping up this fun evening tour. Tuesday night, come Get to know your Greenway!
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Location and Details TBD
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Location and Details TBD