Join Our Team!
None are available at this time.
The Catawba Lands Conservancy/Carolina Thread Trail Marketing Intern will grow brand awareness for the two organizations by carrying out key pieces of the content calendar. The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager to implement email, social media, website and other strategies that will increase exposure of CLC and CTT to new and diverse audiences, and increase engagement with current audiences. The Marketing Intern will work remotely from the location of their choosing, but must have reliable internet. Some in-person opportunities might become available (site visits to see properties, assistance at programs or events, etc.) but are dependent on the local conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic. The schedule of working hours is flexible, but a weekly minimum of hours must be met.
Hours: Part-time (10-15 hours/week). Some evening or weekend meetings may be required.
Reports to: Communications and Marketing Manager
Application Deadline: Rolling
- Background in communications, marketing or related field
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong follow-up and attention to detail
- Experience using Facebook and Instagram, professional experience a strong plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write content for CLC and CTT blogs, social media and email newsletter that supports themed messaging campaigns throughout the year
- Assist Communications and Marketing Manager and Program Coordinator in developing and producing engaging video content for themed campaigns and virtual programs
- Assist Program Coordinator with promotion of virtual and in-person programs
- Post content on various communications platforms
- Monitor social channels and encourage engagement and conversation, responding to messages and comments appropriately
- Develop and share strategies to grow and improve social media brands, and implement them alongside professional staff
- Monitor and report on success of themed messaging campaigns on social media, both paid and organic
- Report weekly to Communications and Marketing Manager on success (both positive and negative) of content shared that week, and trends over time
About Catawba Lands Conservancy:
Catawba Lands Conservancy (CLC) is a local, nonprofit land trust dedicated to saving land and connecting lives to nature in the Southern Piedmont of North Carolina. CLC protects more than 16,500 acres of land and serves Catawba, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg and Union counties. CLC is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves by protecting clean water, wildlife habitats, farmland and natural open spaces for public benefit. CLC is also the lead agency for the Carolina Thread Trail, a regional network of trails, greenways and blueways focused on linking more than two million citizens through 15 counties in North and South Carolina. For more information, visit catawbalands.org.
About the Carolina Thread Trail:
The Carolina Thread Trail is a planned network of 1,600 miles of trails in 15 counties in the Charlotte region, 300 miles of which have been completed. CTT is currently conducting a capital campaign to help build more trails.
The staff of CTT and CLC work together as an exceptional team of dedicated professionals, each with a passion for land conservation and access to nature and all with a strong work ethic.
Course credit may be available. Please note in your application if you hope to receive course credit for this position.
Catawba Lands Conservancy (CLC) is a nonprofit regional land trust that protects the land, water, and wildlife resources of the Southern Piedmont and Lower Catawba River Basin. Stewardship of the CLC’s protected lands is a critical function and includes monitoring of conserved land, managing public access, protecting and enhancing conservation values. CLC is the lead agency for The Carolina Thread Trail (CTT), a regional network of greenways, trails and blueways that connect 15 counties, 2 states and 2.3 million people.
The development assistant is responsible for supporting the fundraising team. This position reports to the Development Manager and participates in all aspects of our fundraising work. We are seeking an energetic individual to be the glue for our growing development team and play a critical role as we expand the fundraising capacity of both Catawba Lands Conservancy and Carolina Thread Trail.
- “Team-over-self” personality; professional and positive attitude
- Passion for conservation
- Willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of discretion
- 1-2 years of fundraising or administrative support experience
- Knowledge of donor databases (preferably Salsa)
- Experience with email marketing systems
- 4 year degree
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall administrative support to the development office
- Accurately complete daily gift entry and check log
- Prepare and distribute donor acknowledgement letters weekly
- Assist in the preparation and execution of fundraising campaigns
- Deliver standardized fundraising reports and prepare donor lists for development team and other internal stakeholders
- Prepare fundraising presentations and reports for Board and committee meetings
- Maintain accurate donor records
- Assist with event logistics and coordination activities (timelines, invitation, ticketing and guests lists, food/beverage, photography, music, décor, permits etc.)
- Maintain sponsor lists and ensure sponsor deliverables are fulfilled
- Participate in community outreach and fundraising special events
- Process and fulfill purchases made from online store
- Provide basic administrative support to the office, such as sorting mail, answering phones, and responding to e-mail inquires
- Other duties as assigned
This position is full-time (40 hours a week) with benefits including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and Simple IRA with matched contribution. Salary range is $30,000-$35,000.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) a list of three references in a single PDF, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Development Assistant” in the subject line.
References will not be contacted unless you are selected for an interview.
Catawba Lands Conservancy (CLC) is a nonprofit regional land trust that protects the land, water, and wildlife resources of the Southern Piedmont and Lower Catawba River Basin. Stewardship of the CLC’s protected lands is a critical function and includes monitoring of conserved land, managing public access, protecting and enhancing conservation values and ensuring compliance with third party restrictions. CLC is the lead agency for The Carolina Thread Trail (CTT), a regional network of greenways, trails and blueways that connect 15 counties, 2 states and 2.3 million people.
The part-time Accounting/Payroll Clerk associate is responsible for providing accounting, payroll and clerical assistance to ensure efficient operation of the accounting department. This position reports to the Finance Director and includes accounts payable, payroll, reconciliations of accounts and maintaining detailed spreadsheets.
The Team Member:
- “Team-over-self” personality; professional and positive attitude.
- High-energy team player with a passion for conservation and a willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds
Education and Skill Set(s):
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts Payable Clerk, Payroll Clerk or similar role
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in accounting software programs, MS Office with strong knowledge in Excel
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and payables and payroll processing
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and written and verbal communication skills
- High level of integrity and discretion
- Well organized and can manage multiple tasks in tandem
- High school degree
- Prior knowledge of non-profit accounting software (e.g. Abila, QuickBooks)
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or relevant certification is a plus
- Prior knowledge of grants and/or non-profit organizations is preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Accurately prepare and maintain monthly capital campaign and grants spreadsheets
- Maintain and continually improve tracking of accounting documents, deadlines and records
- Download credit card activity and verify expense details from staff with corresponding receipts
- Prepare the bi-monthly salary and hourly payroll in payroll processing system and reconcile to accounting software
- Maintain hourly timesheets and paid time off for all employees
- Maintain employee files, assist with new hires onboarding and general HR functions
- Prepare and make bank deposits weekly, order office supplies as needed
- Maintain and manage copier/printer functions
- Enter and verify receipts for expense reports and vendor payments
- Prepare check runs for approved vendor payments weekly
- Maintain W-9’s for vendors
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Assist with the preparation of Board meetings
- Assist with monthly reconciliations
- Attend and represent CLC and CTT at community events and programs as needed
This position is part-time (18-20 hours a week)
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, by email to: email@example.com.
Please include “Accounting/Payroll Clerk” in the subject line.