Join Our Team!
None are available at this time.
The Catawba Lands Conservancy/Carolina Thread Trail Marketing Intern will grow brand awareness for the two organizations by carrying out key pieces of the content calendar. The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager to implement email, social media, website and other strategies that will increase exposure of CLC and CTT to new and diverse audiences, and increase engagement with current audiences. The Marketing Intern will work remotely from the location of their choosing, but must have reliable internet. Some in-person opportunities might become available (site visits to see properties, assistance at programs or events, etc.) but are dependent on the local conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic. The schedule of working hours is flexible, but a weekly minimum of hours must be met.
Hours: Part-time (10-15 hours/week). Some evening or weekend meetings may be required.
Reports to: Communications and Marketing Manager
Application Deadline: Rolling
- Background in communications, marketing or related field
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong follow-up and attention to detail
- Experience using Facebook and Instagram, professional experience a strong plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write content for CLC and CTT blogs, social media and email newsletter that supports themed messaging campaigns throughout the year
- Assist Communications and Marketing Manager and Program Coordinator in developing and producing engaging video content for themed campaigns and virtual programs
- Assist Program Coordinator with promotion of virtual and in-person programs
- Post content on various communications platforms
- Monitor social channels and encourage engagement and conversation, responding to messages and comments appropriately
- Develop and share strategies to grow and improve social media brands, and implement them alongside professional staff
- Monitor and report on success of themed messaging campaigns on social media, both paid and organic
- Report weekly to Communications and Marketing Manager on success (both positive and negative) of content shared that week, and trends over time
About Catawba Lands Conservancy:
Catawba Lands Conservancy (CLC) is a local, nonprofit land trust dedicated to saving land and connecting lives to nature in the Southern Piedmont of North Carolina. CLC protects more than 16,500 acres of land and serves Catawba, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg and Union counties. CLC is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves by protecting clean water, wildlife habitats, farmland and natural open spaces for public benefit. CLC is also the lead agency for the Carolina Thread Trail, a regional network of trails, greenways and blueways focused on linking more than two million citizens through 15 counties in North and South Carolina. For more information, visit catawbalands.org.
About the Carolina Thread Trail:
The Carolina Thread Trail is a planned network of 1,600 miles of trails in 15 counties in the Charlotte region, 300 miles of which have been completed. CTT is currently conducting a capital campaign to help build more trails.
The staff of CTT and CLC work together as an exceptional team of dedicated professionals, each with a passion for land conservation and access to nature and all with a strong work ethic.
Course credit may be available. Please note in your application if you hope to receive course credit for this position.
The Special Projects Manager will lead efforts to plan and execute projects for both CLC and CTT. The Special Projects Manager will lead project planning and execution, including:
- Hold planning sessions to prepare for successful execution of projects, including identifying staff and community resources and funding partners
- Assimilate input from various resources, including staff and governing boards to determine parameters and define project scope
- Develop and manage detailed project plans in appropriate software
- Assign project tasks and monitor performance through key performance Indicators
- Coordinate internal and external resources needed to accomplish projects including volunteers, local government partners and citizen’s groups
- Monitor progress and adjust tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Ensure project deadlines are continuously tracked and met
- Manage incoming data and outgoing project tasks and documents
- Administer project databases documenting progress and plans
- Develop budget criteria and tracking mechanisms to meet budget objectives
- Carolina Thread Trail Signage Program
- Manage a 5 year program to choose a vendor, design signs, order and install 5,500 signs on 600 miles of trails in the CTT trail network.
- Major Events
- Plan and execute events that celebrate and explain the Catawba Lands Conservancy and Carolina Thread Trail, including large events (250 or more participants) and small events (10-50 participants)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of events to advance the mission of CLC and CTT
- At least 3 years of prior project management experience
- “Team-over-self” personality; professional and positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Experience with project management software and tools
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget and timeline
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
Salary and Benefits:
This position is full-time (40 hours a week) with benefits including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and Simple IRA with matched contribution. Salary range is $40-55,000.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) a list of three references in a single PDF, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. References will not be contacted unless you are selected for an interview.