Saturday, April 1 | 9 am-12 pm This hike is full, full, full! Please join us for another upcoming program.
South Fork Trail
149 Willow Drive
McAdenville, NC 28101
3 miles | Easy-Moderate Nature Walk | All Ages
Discover your inner Naturalist on this nature-focused, group walk along the South Fork Trail, part of the Carolina Thread Trail! Follow Andy Kane, Director of the Thread Trail, along this natural surface trail adjacent to the South Fork of the Catawba River. The group will stop frequently to take notice of the beautiful flora and fauna present in the 94-acres of land protected by Catawba Lands Conservancy. The hike will include some easy inclines on a natural surface trail with some roots and rocks along the way. It will cover approximately 3 miles and last 2.5-3 hours.
Location: Meet at the South Fork Trail parking lot (see address above).
Cost: Free for members of CTT, CLC, and NCNPS.
Requirements and Recommendations
- Pre-registration is required for this FREE tour. Register using the form below.
- Must be a member of CTT at one of these levels: Trekker Trailhead, Trailblazer Trailhead, Greenway Gals and/or CLC: Catawba Corps, Catawba Corps Friend, Catawba Corps Sustainer, Catawba Corps Society, and/or NC Native Plant Society.
- Members are welcome to bring one guest.
- Not a member? Join now.
What is Provided
- Guide and staff to answer questions about the trail, local flora and fauna and share stories of community history
- All required gear and safety equipment to participate
What to Bring
- Good closed toed shoes
- Sunscreen and bugspray