Thank you for coming out to run at the Third Annual Tread The Thread 5K & 10K and supporting our region’s trail system, the Thread Trail!
Buffalo Creek Preserve and Trail
Race Timing Provided By: Charlotte Sports Timing
Charlotte Sports Timing is a full service event management and timing company based in Charlotte, NC, supporting the running, cycling, mountain biking and multi-sport community. With fourteen years of event experience, CST provides a memorable experience for their participants.
Local Food Provided By: Brickhouse Grill
A local Cabarrus County establishment, Brickhoue Grill in Concord, we be serving up delicious barbeque to our runners and spectators! All runners receive a free lunch plate. Spectators can buy food a la carte.
Local Beer Provided By: Birdsong Brewery
Birdsong Brewing was founded in 2011 by a group of friends who share a love for both great beer and great people. We started with a five-gallon soup kettle and a vision inspired by some of our favorite craft breweries. The idea was simple: craft flavorful, unfiltered quality craft beer and bring that to Charlotte, NC.
Local Live Music Provided By: West End String Band
The West End String Band is an exciting combination of musicians dedicated to playing and performing traditional bluegrass, old country, and roots music with modern appeal.
Tid-bits for the race:
- Runner check-in opens at 7am and closes at 7:55am.
- Day-of registration is open from 6:45am-7:55am. The fee is $30 for either the 5Kor 10K.
- 10K starts at 8am. 5K starts at 8:10am.
- For safety reasons, no dogs allowed on the trail during the race, but they can hang out around the event site!
- For safety reasons, no types of strollers on the trail during the race.
- Headphones are discouraged.
- Water stations will be available, but we encourage you to carry a water bottle.
- Water, sports drinks, and snacks will be provided before and after the race.
- The race will be capped at 200 runners per distance.
- The course will be clearly marked and markings will be explained prior to the start of the race. Every effort must be made to stay on the proper trail and complete the race as marked to avoid disqualification.
- Event is rain or shine. In the possibility of inclement weather, the race start may be postponed up until 10am.
- No refunds will be issued for any reason the week of the race.
- In the event of inclement weather, the event will be postponed up until 10am. If the weather does not pass, the event will be canceled.
- There is no rescheduled date at this time.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!