Saturday, April 8 | 9:30 am-11:30 am
Catawba Wildflower Glen
Address and directions will be emailed in advance of the event
1 mile | Easy Nature Walk | Ages 10+
Join us for a guided walking tour of one of this area’s most outstanding natural areas. The Catawba Wildflower Glen is a classic climax or old-growth forest with dramatic topography and a remarkably rich diversity of herbaceous and woody plant species. Mary Stauble, a Catawba Lands Conservancy volunteer and botanist, will lead a 1.5-hour walk through the constructed trails of this area’s richest woodland wildflower habitat. We will notice early blooming flowers and native plants. The 20-acre preserve, owned by the Catawba Lands Conservancy, is located near Mountain Island Lake in northwestern Mecklenburg County. The site is open only by permission of CLC. We are proud to invite members of NC Native Plant Society to also attend this fun event.
Location: The week of the program you will see an email with detailed directions to the Wildflower Glen.
Requirements and Recommendations
- Pre-registration is required for this FREE tour. Register using the form below.
- Must be a member of CLC at one of these levels: Catawba Corps, Catawba Corps Friend, Catawba Corps Sustainer, Catawba Corps Society and/or Carolina Thread Trail Trailheads (Trekker, Trailblazer), Greenway Gal and/or the North Carolina Native Plant Society.
- Members are welcome to bring one guest.
- Not a member? Join now.
What is Provided
- Guide and staff to answer questions about the trail, local flora and fauna and share stories of community history
- All required gear and safety equipment to participate
What to Bring
- Good closed toed shoes